2022 is shaping up to be a great year for new music. A wide variety of musicians have channeled the challenges of the last eighteen months into new albums.
Contemporary artists like Kid Cudi, The Lumineers, and Bastille will return with highly anticipated follow-ups. Rockers Guns N’ Roses and Stabbing Westward will shine a light on guitars & angst while heritage acts like Elvis Costello and Tears for Fears try and remind people why they were on top of the heap at their peak.
Then there are all the projects that are still in the wind that we’re not even in the loop on yet. Let’s take the Red Hot Chili Peppers for example. They’ve got a world tour coming up and dropping a single to coincide with those dates just makes sense, doesn’t it?
What new musical project are you most excited about in 2022? Let us know in the comments. We’d much rather read what you’ve written than all the spam we get from that CBD website. With that being said let’s get into it.
- The Lumineers – Brightside
- Elvis Costello – The Boy Named If
- Band of Horses – Things Are Great
- St. Paul & The Broken Bones – The Alien Coast
- Animal Collective – Time Skiffs
- Slash featuring Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators – 4
- Bastille – Give Me The Future
- Alt J – The Dream
- Spoon – Lucifer on the Sofa
- Guns N’ Roses – Hard Skook EP
- Tears For Fears – The Tipping Point
- Franz Ferdinand – Hits To The Head
- Stabbing Westward – Chasing Ghosts
…to be determined.
A wide variety of acts have new albums planned this year but no release date publicly available yet.
- Jethro Tull
- Kid Cudi
- Avenged Sevenfold
- Swedish House Mafia